Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bleeding all the time?

im 46,years young,the last 6 months im bleeding on and off all through the month it starts for about 10 days then stops for 3/4 days then starts again,im so fed up with it now i went to the doctor a few months ago and she said it wasnt the menopause! im tired all the time?
Answer:
Well if it's not the menopause, did she say what she thought the problem was? Make an appt. with a GYN, a new one this time, and get yourself check out...right away.
go to a different doctor they should explore to find out what is wrong
May be tiredness, or even more serious - iron deficiency. Keep your iron levels up and get tested for it.
I can't think of anything else.. I'm only 17 lol. My mum is your age, and she says she used to have it badly like you when she was younger, she said it was a inherited thing from your parents. She said she suffered from anemia and so did her mum. Thats why she had it badly.

I hope I helped, and hope you feel better soon ^_^
It's hard to believe that's all the doctor said. If it's not the menopause; it has to be something. Get another opinion.
It could be fibroids. I have them. They can be painful and will make you bleed a lot. When you bleed a lot, you lose iron. So you can be anemic, which is causing your tiredness. Get some OTC iron for now and go back to your doctor. If he/she doesn't know what to do, get a referral to a gynecologist.

There are many options. Fibroids are quite common. It may be as simple as taking iron to slow the flow. Or you may need more aggressive treatment. It's a serious problem which needs to be addressed, but it can be helped. For me it was 2 shots that lasted 3 months each which stopped the flow temporarily and allowed my body to catch up in iron. Once the blood catches up with iron, the flow becomes much lighter. I know it sounds strange, but it works.

Take iron! I used Slow Fe-it didn't upset my stomach as much. It didn't help me catch up, but it might help you. There is also prescription strength iron that may help.
i would head to an ob. did u go to a regular pcp? obgyn is the person to consult about this. please dont waste more time waiting. this could be a miriad of issues.
I had the same problem that your are having. In 2005 I had a total abdominal hysterectomy. Before the surgery I bled constantly and couldn't understand till i went to my doctor and she found a fibroid tumor. I had the tumor removed, had the hysterectomy and feel fine now but in total menopause, which is not fun but can cope with it better than I could all the bleeding i had from my periods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net