Sunday, October 25, 2009

Birth control?

During the summer I have to get oral surgery resulting in my mouth being wired shut for atleast a month which also means I can't eat normal food and I am on a strictly liquid diet for that time. Does anyone know if birth control is still effective if I grind it up and say put it in some water or something so I can still take it?
Answer:
That's tricky, I would ask your doctor. Although, if you are going to rest for several days following the surgery you are supposed to discontinue use of the birth control anyway(read it in the pamphlet that comes with your pill), in order to prevent blood clot formation. I was in the hospital for a few days with a kidney infection/stones and had a blood clot form in my bladder because I was on birth control. I was lucky that it didn't enter the bloodstream because it could have been deadly, caused a stroke or gotten to my lungs. It did block my bladder off for 3 days before they figured out what it was which caused plenty of problems itself. So from experience, I would maybe advise you to just to take a month or two off.
you would have to ask a doctor...you could also look into the patch pr the ring or the shot for the time you are wired shut
you might ask about a shot. if you're worrying about your mouth and all you might not remember the pills anyway. you don't have to worry about forgeting the shot.
talk to your doctor. I'm not sure if it is effective that way.

I would not recommend the shot for you during this time, too many horrible side affects.

You could just do without birth control and use a condom at that time.

consult with your doctor though. they are the best source of information for you.
you should talk to your doctor about this new birth control pill called " Femcon Fe" also known as the chewable pill. You can chew this pill or swallow it, either one will have the same effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net