Sunday, October 25, 2009

Birth Control: What do you reccomend?

Currently I am taking ESTROSTEP Fe...I have been since my 5month old daughter was born, but am still experiencing the "bleeding" side effects...

I've thought about trying the Mirena IUD because we're not planning on baby #2 anytime in the near future...
(of course, after reading the "side effects" its a little scarry..but arent they all..)

I've also thought maybe I should try another sort of pill.

any recommendations?? please help...THANKS! :)
Answer:
I have Mirena and love it. I was really scared when I read the side effects also. The worst part about the IUD is the spotting for the first 6 months. After it settles in it is great. I have very light periods now..which are great!
My wife takes the shot. It is an injection every 12 weeks or so.
Simple, just go "lesbo".
I would recommend asking your dr what they think about trying another brand of birth control pill to see if that helps take care of the bleeding side effect. It sounds like this Estrostep Fe might be too low in the amount of estrogen for you. When there is not enough estrogen in a birth control pill to cover preventing pregnancy or take care of a medical problem (the reason I'm on the pill) breakthrough bleeding can occur and stay for months on end.
Discuss it with your Gyn. Only your doctor and you know what your body can tolerate.
I take Levlen. Been on it for over 4 years. I get it in the mail 3 months worth at a time for $39, $13 a month. Check out www.smartwomanrx.com.
I am currently on Loestrin 24 Fe, but have been expereincing breakthough bleeding since I began it 9 months ago. I'm stiching to ortho tri cyclen lo...hope it does the trick.
But every woman is different, do consult your physician though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net