Sunday, October 25, 2009

Birth Control?

What would be the best type?...pills, patch, shots?... What are soem experiences that some of you have? And how long does it take for the "birth control" to take place?
Answer:
I've only ever been on the pill so I can't speak personally to the patch or shots, but all my friens with patch or shots were happy with their choice. With the pill you're supposed to take it for a month before it's "working". Also, not every pill is for every girl; don't be afraid to ask your doc tons of questions and to ask to switch pills if you're feeling "off" after a few months on a new pill. Could mean the formula's not for you.
Depends all on you. I personally got a rash from the patch, gained 20 pounds from the shot, and certain varieties of the pill made me a complete biatch or gave me three week periods. It is all about your preference. If you are bad at remembering to take pills, go with the patch or shot. If you have sensitive skin, go with pills. Remember that with the pill though you have to take it around the same time every day for it to work at its best.
It depends on your needs and what side effects you're willing to tolerate. I was on the pill and then the ring for 3 years before deciding I no longer wanted to use hormones. There are too many side effects. However, I found the ring easy to use and very reliable.
With my experience, (i have never had the patch, but i know people who have used it and it was really hard to stay in place--and you can't re-stick it, so it is a waste)...i have used the pill and have had the shot...and i think that pilles are the way to go. what the dr's office doesn't tell you is that if you do decide to get the shot, it basically puts your body though menopause and can stop the production of you eggs and make it almost impossible or very hard to have children when you are ready...plus it messes your period up in ways you wouldn't believe! PILL!!
i use the ring and it takes affect the day after . it is the best cause i have tried it all and this is the easiest by far. you put it in and forget about it for 3 weeks take it out for a week and start all over. no pill to remember daily . its great especially if you are forgetful when it comes to pills i am. and the patch was stupid to change every week and sometime it would leave a rash.
I was on Depo Provera (the shots) for a while. I am one of the few women who still have periods while on it. Not only did I still have a period, but it was very light and would last for 3 weeks. Not very fun at all. A good friend of mine is on Depo Provera (she has been for a number of years) and never has any problems and very rarely has a period.

I do cycles of birth control and Lupron Depo for endometriosis treatment. I just finished up the Lupron Depo (puts you into fake menopause which is also not fun) so I am waiting to have a period to start the pills. I am a little anxious about remembering to take a pill every day, but I would much rather have a regular period than a 3 wk one.

I don't know anything about the patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net