Saturday, October 31, 2009

Birthcontrol Shot (depo)?

Do you think it really makes you gain weight?
Answer:
A majority of women gain weight on the shot so I would say YES it does. There are also other negative side affects to the shot, I'm surprised they still have it on the market.

http://www.rateitall.com/t-330-birth-con...
The depo shot doesn't make you gain weight.

It can cause cravings for carbohydrates and increase your appetite.

If you eat the same as you are eating now and maintain the same level of activity, you will not gain weight.
the depo shot does make you gain weight...also for the frst month of getting the shot you might bleed for at least a month or two..i didnt go on it because i didnt want to gain weight but my friend is on it and she has gain at least 20 pounds on it... but you shold consult with your doctor if you have any other questions.
Yes!

I had personal experience of over 40 lbs. I did not change my eating habits or exercise habits. 70% of women using Depo Provera gain weight. Almost half of the women using Depo Provera gain more than 5 pounds after one year of use. Many women gain more than 10 pounds. I was miserable the whole time. I constantly felt like I was PMS-ing... tender breasts, bad skin, headaches, and moodiness.

There are other, more serious side effects, too. Studies released in 2004 show that Depo Provera is associated with a loss of bone density resulting in an increased risk of osteoporosis. The bone loss appears not to be reversed when the woman goes off Depo Provera. Depo is not recommended for long term use and especially not recommended when the young woman is still growing her bones.
no it might retain some fluids in you re body or give you some craving as long as you don't pig out on junk you,ll be fine
yes, I took the shot several years ago and the side effects were terrible. Please do alot of research before you make that choice. Weight gain was the least of the side effects.
Depo..My fiance took the shot. It did bad things to her. My advise is don't. Just use the birth control you use already.

She gained weight, increased mentual periods and bled heavier, got blood clots in her leg, and caused a lot of problems.

Read all of the warnings before you take it. A lot of other women had the same problem. She talks to others that had the shot, and they all developed similar and bad side effects.
I am a guy and not sure you want my opinion, but my answer is yes, I think some more then others. I know three people on the depo shot. My g%26#92;f, my cousin, and my g%26#92;fs best friend. My g%26#92;f has put on about 5lbs and she has been on the shot for only 6mo, so it may have nothing to do with it or it may just be starting. My cousin who has been on it for over a year used to be well figured and about 120lbs, weighs about 150lbs now and is just kinda flat, all the thin spots filled out. I saved the best for last... My g%26#92;fs best friend has also been on the depo shot for over a year and weighed the same as my g%26#92;f about 98lbs. She now tips the scales at about 180lbs! I feel terrible for her, (and her b%26#92;f). From a size "0" to like a "16". Something to think about. I say if you notice a big diff after the first to shots stop. 5lbs doesn't really matter if my g%26#92;f ever worked out it wouldn't have ever happened. On the other hand 80lbs is a lot just not to have to open a condom
I was on Depo for 4 years and never gained a pound - but with other birth controls (ie ones with estrogen) I bloated up right away..
Just remember to get enough calcium - it's a great method of birth control but it leaches calcium from your bones.
I have been on Depo for about 4 years on and off. The first time I gained about 25 lbs over the course of 2 years. But keep in mind prior to getting the shot I ate, well, junk and continued to do so while I was on it. The second time (I am still on it) I have lost close to 40 lbs because I eat right and exercise. If you eat right and take care of your self you should be fine. Your gonna gain weight if you eat junk, regardless of the shot! As for cramping and bleeding, you can expect to have some random spotting for the first 2 shots or so and then your periods should go away altogether. I experience some tenderness at the injection site for a few days since it goes into the muscle but I love it other than that. As with any new birth control, the side effects are usually most noticable the first few months but your body adjusts after that.
I would not recommend depo to anyone. I took 1 shot the day after I gave birth to my son, and I haven't been the same since. Not only did I gain weight, but I didn't have a period for more than 6 months after that 1 shot. I still don't have a regular period, and my Dr. thinks that I still do not ovulate. They don't tell you when you get it that you experience some of the same symptoms as menopausal women. And some women are never able to conceive after taking the drug. I didn't for 12 years after 1 shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net