Sunday, October 25, 2009

Birth Control Question?

I am on Loestrin 24, the pill, and it is hard for me to remember taking it. Im just not a pill taker, never have been. Has Anyone been on the Shot before?? what are the positive and negatives about it, because my doctor told me i could have that as an option, give me your opinions please. Thanks in advance
Answer:
You're going to get a BUNCH of "don't do its" because it CAN cause food cravings, which in turn leads to weight gain. Just remember that all methods of birth control contain ZERO calories...its what you put in your mouth that makes you gain.

I personally had absolutely NO bad experiences with the shot. I never gained any weight, my periods stopped immediately and then I only had one every 15 months or so. I stopped with the mood swings, cramping, acne, headaches, AND my stomach (GERD) problems were less because the pill is a big contributor to acid reflux problems.

I stopped taking the shot when my insurance stopped covering it...and that's the only reason.

The way I remember to take the pill is I have them out in the open (who CARES if someone knows you're on birth control for heaven's sake!) so I see them and I take it every morning while brushing my teeth.
If you put your pills someplace you'll see them, and make a habit of taking them while doing something you do EVERY day, you'll rarely forget.
Shot sucks! Everyone I know, myself included, gained a lot of weight on the shot. And when it would start wearing off I was like a psycho-emo *****. I also spotted the entire time I was on it (9 months). I then went on the patch. I loved that; but missed one new one by a few days and got pregnant....
Now have a lovely 2 year old and my tubes tied!!
My suggestion is to set your cell phone alarm to a daily time, and keep your pills in your purse so no matter where you are, you can excuse yourself to go to the bathroom and take one when your alarm goes off. I make it in the evening well before I plan to go to bed, so that it's not a reminder for anything else--just the pill.

I've heard the patch is a good alternative to the shot. I have a family member who's an ob/gyn who said he recommended that as the best/most convenient birth control for 20 something women
I'm a nurse and worked in womens health care. We strongly advised women not to take the Depo Provera shot. It puts you into an early menopause. This is very bad for you. Makes your bones brittle among other things. If you have a hard time remembering you might consider the patch or the ring. Ask your doctor about them. The patch you change once a week and the ring once a month.
for me everything has been wonderful while on the depo shot
i have never felt sick or gained weight i sleep well and i have the security of knowing that i will never be pregnant while on this method. i started birth control will the pill but just like you i would forget so take my advice and try it

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net