Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Breakthrough Bleeding on My Honeymoon?

I am halfway through my second pack of Loestrin 24. About a week before I started the brown pills in my first pack, I took my pill 9 hours late one day. Within 2 days, I was having really light spotting, which lasted a week and got a little heavier every day (but not much). I should have started my period (right?) a week later, on the brown pills, but I never did (the spotting stopped the day before). This past Sunday, I took my pill 5 hours late, and immediately started spotting. Then, today, I took it 3 hours late. I am scheduled to take the brown pills in about a week and half--just 2 or 3 days after my wedding! I guess my question is: will this spotting and breakthrough bleeding be a problem on my wedding night or honeymoon? I know that this is a common sympton the first 3 months of birth control, and I haven't even been on it for a full 2 yet. Other than the spotting, I have had no other side effects from the pill. Also, can I change the time I take the pill?
Answer:
You need to remember to take your pill every single morning when you brush your teeth, or every single night when you brush your teeth. If you associate it with something you do every morning or every night you are less likely to forget. And yes you can change the time you take it but not by much. I would be sure to take condoms with you on your honeymoon, sugar. It's the only way to ensure that you do not get pregnant.
A little bit of spotting, although inconvenient, should not affect your honeymoon. However, there are several brands of birth control pills you can take that will safely delay your period for occasions such as travel, special events or honeymoons. I would suggest asking your gyno about it. It's probably too late to switch now, but might be a better option for you in the future. Good luck and congrats on your wedding.
dont worry when you miss pills and try to cram it's going to affect your body just relax and dont let things mess up your honey moon
if you love each other and are really hot for each other, it won't be a problem.=) ask your gynecologist for another brand of pills that will cause lesser spotting. however, since you are always late in taking your pills, why not switch to a less routinary form of birth control like the depo shot or condoms.

best of luck and congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net