Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bra Size Help?

I am so confused about what size I need! I currently wear a 34A, but I need to go up a cup size because the center of the bra is not flat against my ribcage, and my breasts sort of spill over the top. Not to mention when taking it off there are red marks on the sides of my breasts. So then I would try a 34B, right? That would be simple, but, however, I recently discovered that I am supposed to be a band size of 32, not 34. With a decrease in a band size, you are supposed to increase a cup size for the equivilant. So that would mean going from a 34A to a 32B. But since I am bigger than a 34A, therefore bigger than a 32B, would that mean I am a 32C? That sounds way too big for me! Please, help me get the right size!
Answer:
Most good stores have experts who will measure you and tell you the correct size. Go get measured. However this is how you find the right size. And just to note, I wear a D in some brands and DD in other brands, so you do need to try on.

Bra Size
1. Wear a comfortable bra and measure the rib cage just below the breast. If the number is 33 or less, add 5 inches to that number and that is your bra size. Over 33 inches add 3 inches to get you bra size. Both ways, rounding odd numbers up to even.

2. Then take measure the bust around the fullest part. When you subtract the last number (fullest part) by the among of your bra size, you'll come up with a number used to determine cup size by using the chart below (the A,B,C, etc. cup chart) For example if your bra size was 36 and your cup measurement was 38, the difference is 2" so you would wear a 36B.

Use this chart:

AA = 1/2"
A = 1"
B = 2"
C = 3"
D = 4"
DD or E = 5"
F = 6"
G = 7"
band size and cup size arent the same,
and your band size doesnt show what your cup size should be.

I would say go for a 32 B.
Just try on a 32B and a 32C and "C" what they look like :)

You could ask for sizing assistance at most stores (just don't try victoria secret, they size you wrong).

Edit: To add to what genie said in #1... you add 4 if its an even number and 5 if its an odd number. The band size is an even number.
I would go try on a 34B and a 32B...Bras are all different. 34B's are quite common in stores, but 32B is a little less. Go to a store and grab a bunch of different styles in both sizes and just take the ones that look and feel the best. Put a t-shirt over the bras you are trying on also to make sure they look good under shirts, isn't that how most see them anyway?
I would try a 32B. It's always good to get professionally fitted. Your local department store should have someone trained to do this in the intimates department. I've heard Norstrom's stores are the best for fittings.
How big is your bust measurement? 32C would fit a 35 inch bust. Don't be fooled just becasuse a C cup sounds big. It's confusing but you'll find the C cup on a 32C is smaller than the C cup on a 34C. I wear a 32C, I don't think my boobs look that big.

So try a 32B, 32C and maybe even a 32D and see what gives you the best fit.

HTH : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net